MINIMUM ADMISSION ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR MD PROGRAMME
Direct entry qualifications (Form VI).
Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) with three principal passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum entry of 8 points. Whereby one must have at least C in Chemistry and Biology and at least D in Physics.
Equivalent entry qualifications
- Form IV leavers
Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with at least five (5) passes in the following subjects: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and English. PLUS, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine with an overall “B” grade or GPA≥3.5
- Degree Holders
BSc degree (lower second) majoring in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Zoology
- Holders of Foreign qualifications
All applicants holding foreign qualifications must have their qualifications validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting their applications for admission as follows:
1. The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) in respect of certificates of secondary education examination.
2. The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) in respect of NTA Level 6 qualifications
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROGRAMMES IN NURSING
Technician Certificate in Nursing – NTA Level 5
1. Holders of ACSE with a Principal Pass and Subsidiary pass in Chemistry &Biology
2. Holders of NTA level 5 in Nursing.
Ordinary Diploma in Nursing - NTA Level 6
- Holders of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with a minimum of four (4) passes in non-religious subjects including “D” passes in Chemistry and Biology; and “D” pass in Physics/ Engineering Sciences; a pass in Mathematics and English will be an added advantage.
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROGRAMMES IN PHARAMCY
Technician Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences – NTA Level 5
1. Holders of ACSE with A Principal Pass and Subsidiary pass in Chemistry &Biology
2. Holders of Basic Certificate in pharmaceutical sciences (NTA Level 4) from recognized institutions or a Pharmaceutical Assistant.
Ordinary Diploma Pharmaceutical Sciences- NTA Level 6
- Holders of Certificate of secondary education examination (CSEE) with four (4) passes in non-religious subjects including ‘D’ passes in Chemistry and Biology, and “D” pass in Physics/Engineering Sciences; a pass in Mathematics and English will be an added advantage