ABOUT THE LIBRARY
|The college library is in the area occupied in the Ground of the building. Our Library is Spacious, well ventilated well lighted with a total floor area of 1000 square feet. The Library contains more than 13000 Volumes of text books on different titles in the discipline of , Anatomy , physiology biochemistry microbiology , pathology general surgery ,internal medicine , radiology pharmacology , nursing , pharmacy and other titles , The Books are arranged and classified according to the Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. Open Access System is followed in the library. Well equipped with a number of Educational Video / Audio Cassettes and CDs on medical and health science.Our significant library resources are our greatest resource and we provide with Professional, Reliable and User- Friendly service to our students and staff.|
|THE GROUND FLOOR COMPRISES OF THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS NAMELY,
1. Stack Room with Reading Hall
2. Circulation Section
3. Technical Section
4. Reprography Section
5. Book Bank Section
LIBRARY WORKING HOURS
|The library works on :|
|Working Days : 7.00 AM to 8.00 PM|
|Saturday : 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
|(Except Govt. Holidays)|
1. Only St Joseph student and staff are allowed to use the library. Any other person wishing to use the library for any purpose must seek the permission from the higher staff/principal
2. No person shall give a false name or address for the purpose entering library or obtaining any privilege there from. Every library user must be read to prove his /her identity (by providing relevant identity card) when asked to do so by librarian.
ORDER AND DISCIPLINE IN THE LIBRARY
3. Keep your ID card displayed while you been inside the library.
4. While entering into the library please sign in the Library attendance register both check in and check out.
5. Any person bringing cases, bags, basket, or similar article into the library, shall leave them at the library counter/bag deposit shall display the contents of which cases, bag, or similar articles to librarian upon leaving a library.
6 All library users shall not consume food or drinks inside the library
7. All mobile phone of library users must be set to mute or switched off upon entering the library it is forbidden to talk on the phone in the library.
8 No person shall bring in the library any articles which is prejudicial to the service or to the convenience of library user.
9. No person shall carelessly or negligently tea out, damage, deface or destroy any library book, otherwise shall make good any damage to such book or pay for the loss.
10. Observe silent into the library
11. All liquid state such as water and juice are not allowed in the library
12. Books /Journal must be left on the tables where they were used. User should not return them to the shelves.
13. Loss or damage of any library items must be immediately reported to the librarian.
14. Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
15. Personal items should not be left unattended in the library .The library shall not accept responsibility for loss or damage to such property.
The Library consists of about 5000 Reference Books on all medical Branches, Science, Humanities, English and Encyclopedia & Dictionaries. The Library also has a Collection of Rare Books.
|Sl. No.||Resource’s Name||Qty|
|2||No. of Titles||3373|
LIBRARY ONLINE JOURNALS & E-BOOKS
|Sl. No.||Name of the e – Journal Publisher||No .of Journals||Name of the relevant courses|
|1||HINARI( Health Internetwork Access to Research Initiative)||15000, 47 000 (e books)||HEALTH SCIENCES|
|2||OARE (Online Access to Research in the Environment):||10000 journals20000 e-books||HEALTH SCIENCES|
|3||ARDI (Access to Research for Development and Innovation):||8400 journals19000 e- books||SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY|
FREE WIFI – ACCESS
Wi-Fi has become a universal expectation among college students. It was noted that students respond to the quick access to information that Wi-Fi makes possible, including access to academic information, university schedules and events or the ability to connect with friends via Face book or MySpace, WI-Fi has become so prevalent on college campus. . Our Library is engaged with WIFI ACCESS.